This ad is expired.
Adjunct Faculty - Early Childhood Education
About North Shore Community College:
North Shore Community College is a diverse, caring, inclusive community that inspires our students to become engaged citizens and to achieve their personal, academic, and career goals through accessible, affordable, rigorous educational opportunities that are aligned with our region's workforce needs and will prepare them for life in a changing world. NSCC is one of 15 Massachusetts community colleges, which serves the 26 cities and towns north of Boston. Since its founding in 1965, NSCC has grown from a single leased building to an urban campus in downtown Lynn and a suburban campus in Danvers, and from five to 80 academic programs of study. Nearly 50,000 students have graduated from NSCC. The college is accredited by the New England Commission of Higher Education (NECHE).
Adjunct Faculty - Early Childhood Education
Campus Location: Lynn
Work schedule: consistent with MCCC contract
GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES:
The Division of Human Services invites applications for the following anticipated adjunct faculty vacancy for the Winter/Spring 2024 semester in our Career Pathways in ECE Grant Program, Bilingual (Spanish/English) Early Childhood Education Adjunct Faculty:
- ECE124: Introduction to Child Development Associate (CDA) and Portfolio Development - modality/dates/time to be determined, but will be evenings, weekends or online/hybrid
- Instruction will be in Spanish.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and teach the 6-credit ECE124 course (Introduction to CDA and Portfolio Development) in Spanish to a group of students who work in the field of early education.
- Translate current course from English into Spanish.
- Meet with staff in the ECE Department and the Career Pathways in ECE grant to determine best course modality.
- Support student success and completion of the course requirements, as well as the National CDA requirements.
- Assist students with their entire CDA process, including: understanding of developmentally appropriate practices, CDA Portfolio development, collection and organization of Resource Collection items, written Competency Statements, Family Questionnaires, writing the Professional Philosophy Statement, submitting their Application to the CDA Council, and preparation for the Verification Visit and National Exam.
- Provide appropriate communication with students (in-person, virtually, electronically) and follow up with them in a timely manner.
- A Master's degree in Early Childhood Education or closely related field. Graduate-level credit in subject area required.
- Fluency in Spanish.
- Experience with the national Child Development Associate (CDA) credential and ability to teach content related to the 6 CDA Competency Goal areas and 13 CDA Functional Areas.
- Full understanding of the CDA Portfolio requirements and ability to guide students to develop their own CDA Professional Portfolio.
- Familiarity with the complete CDA process and requirements, including support of students as they apply for the CDA Credential.
- Prior community college teaching experience and comfortability using Blackboard Learn.
- Candidates will be required to pass a CORI/SORI and/or National background check as a condition of employment.
SALARY: Adjunct salaries are dependent upon the number of credit hours. This is a non-benefited, MCCC position.
STARTING DATE: January, 2024
North Shore Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, religion, age, veteran or military status, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in it programs and activities as required by Title IX or the Educational Amendments of 1972, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Action of 1964, and other applicable statutes and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. Inquires or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action and/or Title IX Coordinator, Nick Royal, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination or the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights. North Shore Community College will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistic Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website by clicking here.
Submit cover letter and resume. Applicants selected for an interview will need to provide unofficial transcripts or foreign degree evaluations and may be requested to provide professional references.
Closes: Jan 15, 2024 - 11:59 PM EST
To apply, visit https://nscc.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=170264
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency