Bilingual Spanish Educational Assistant, Early Childhood Education (PT LTE)
Salary: $19.96 - $24.96 Hourly
Job Type: Specially - Funded (Part-Time)
Job Number: 2021-03556
Location: Multi-Campus, WI
Division: Community & Human Services Pathway
- This is a part-time (up to 19 hours per week), specially-funded position through June 30, 2022, with the possibility of extension.
- Hours include evenings, between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m., and Saturdays, between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m., based on class scheduling.
- Position will work primarily at West Allis and Downtown Campuses, and work performed will be in-person.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for the maintenance of the spaces assigned; establishes and enforces regulations related to the equipment used; manages inventory of supplies and equipment; creates purchase orders for needed equipment and supplies while working with Faculty and Dean to identify needed inventory and supplies
- Supports specific departments in providing smooth delivery of semester startup packets and instructional materials to improve service and efficiency for students and faculty.
- Works closely with student services to understand possible learning needs and helps create adaptive materials in conjunction with the instructor
- Provides alternative support for specific academic skills, consistent with classroom instruction and in conjunction with Faculty instruction if needed
- Encourages learning and study skill behaviors that help students to accomplish their academic goals
- Assists with makeup testing and proctoring services for MATC students
- Updates inventory and other data; prepares relevant reports
- Acts as a liaison between students and faculty
- Provides support for specialized software as related to the center's specialty.
- Participates in related in-service training, workshops, divisional meetings, and other educational activities as required.
- Performs other related duties as required for the efficient operations of the division.
Educational Assistant - Pathway
Education RequiredAssociate's DegreeBachelor's DegreeExperience Required7 years4 years
Required License/Certification: None.
Preferred License/Certification: CPR/First Aid Certification.
Special Skill Required: Must be bilingual in Spanish/English, with the ability to read, write and speak.
- Cultivates innovation
- Optimizes work processes
- Ensures accountability
- Interpersonal savvy
- Communicates effectively
- Instills trust
- Customer focus
- Action oriented
- Values differences
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Familiarity with the instructional process and use of instructional media.
- Skilled in operating and maintaining specialized equipment and software.
- Organizational skills and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to understand and support the student-teacher relationship.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, staff, teachers, and the general public.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, and persuasive skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of employees and management.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word to create inventory and other various reports.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with vendors and contractors.
- Ability to order needed supplies while understanding budget constraints.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals from diverse educational and socio-economic backgrounds.
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/matc/jobs/3291541/bilingual-spanish-educational-assistant-early-childhood-education-pt-lte
Copyright 2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency