CCA Early Childhood Education (ECE) Program Tutor
Community College of Aurora
Salary: See Position Description
Job Type: Part-time
Job Number: Tutor2322
Location: 16000 East CentreTech Parkway Aurora, CO
Department: Academic Services
OVERVIEW OF CCA
The Community College of Aurora (CCA) is a dynamic institution committed to serving its diverse student population through innovations in instruction and student support founded on principles of equity and inclusion. CCA is a public, two-year community college serving Aurora and east metro Denver and has been designated as a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) by the U.S. Department of Education.
CCA enrolls 11,000 students annually, over 62% of whom are students of color, including nearly 32% Hispanic students. 65% of CCA students receive some financial aid, including 52% of whom receive Pell Grants, and almost two-thirds are first-generation college students. In addition to traditional degree and certificate programs, CCA offers non-credit professional development courses, customized training, and economic and workforce development resources to employer partners and individual professionals seeking to enhance the capacity and productivity of their workforce or individual knowledge and skills. The college centers our Inclusive Excellence work and applies an equity lens to everything we do.
The Community College of Aurora's (CCA) Education and World Language Department is looking for an individual to become a CCA Early Childhood Education (ECE) Program Tutor for the Spring 2022 semester. This position offers good pay, flexible schedules, and differing formats for you to provide tutoring services to students in our program and community!
This position places a priority on candidates with the desire and ability to aid in creating a classroom culture that positively engages and impacts students, and the willingness and ability to actively engage in developing and promoting a cross-campus collaboration that supports ECE student success and retention, thus increasing attainment rate and transfers and closing the gap for underrepresented students.
Examples of Duties / Knowledge & Skills
Subjects: We are seeking a tutor to help all ECE students with a primary focus on our Hispanic population enrolled in the Director's Certificate.
If you have a mastery of any of these subjects and are excited about helping students reach their academic goals, this is an excellent opportunity for you!
- Holding consistent tutoring hours accessible to CCA Students.
- Provide a welcoming and nurturing tutoring environment, either remotely or in person.
- Refer students to on-campus resources when needed.
- Provide weekly reports of student attendance of tutoring sessions and student resource referrals.
- Communicating any student's concerns about learning and tutoring to the Department Chair and course instructors to help improve student learning and instructional strategies.
- Using internal resources, the tutor will identify undeclared students that could be potential Early Childhood majors and help them transition into the Early Childhood program.
- Attend virtual CoLab meetings when needed.
Tutoring Delivery Formats: We want to ensure all Early Childhood students have the opportunity to benefit from tutoring. Therefore, we are looking for a tutor who is open to offering their tutoring services in various modalities, specifically at-home remote and on-campus face-to-face. Thus, the delivery methods of tutoring will include:
- At-home remote tutoring via video chat, by appointment.
- On-campus face-to-face tutoring, by appointment.
Designing and Implementing Engagement Workshops for ECE Students: Due to the pandemic, we want to maximize student success by creating workshops that will offer students the opportunity to catch up on class materials missed for COVID-related issues. Thus, besides simple tutoring, you will have a chance to develop and implement monthly ECE workshops (2-2.5 hours in length). These workshops will more than likely be conducted virtually.
***Please note, the tutoring scheduling format will resume to an on-campus "drop-in" format when COVID restrictions are lifted. At this time, we will adjust the tutoring schedule***
Minimum qualifications & Requirements
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Experience in Early Childhood academics showing mastery in the Early Childhood or Education subjects to be tutored.
- Experience teaching or tutoring ECE subjects in the past.
- Bilingual in English/Spanish
- Experience using D2L, Zoom, WebEx, and other technological platforms
- Experience using platforms similar to COGNOS
- Online teaching experience
- Availability to teach during "peak" and "off" hours and weekends.
- Higher Ed. teaching experience
Colorado Residency Requirement:
Eligible applicants must be either a current Colorado resident or provide proof of residency in Colorado within 30 days of the start date for the position, or they may be deemed ineligible for employment with the Community College of Aurora. Please get in touch with HR@CCAurora.edu with any questions.
Tutoring Compensation: Compensation for this position is determined by your degree. Please see the below breakdown:
- Master's Prepared: $25.00/hour
- Bachelor's Prepared: $16.50/hour
- Associate's Prepared: $14.00/hour
- Less than Associate's Prepared: $12.50/hour
Position Specifics: Positions are available for the Spring 2022 semester. This position is part-time and grant-funded. There is no insurance benefit offered with this position. However, other benefits associated with this type of position include educational benefits, a pension plan through the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association, and eligibility to contribute to supplemental retirement plans.
Deadline to Submit Application Material: An initial review of applications will begin on January 21st, 2022, and continue until the position is filled.
Application Process: When submitting your online application, please include a cover letter, current resume, and professional references. Official transcripts showing the highest degree achieved should be submitted to HR@ccaurora.edu upon offer of employment. If you have questions regarding this position, please contact us at HR@ccaurora.edu.By applying for this announced position; applicants certify that all statements, information, and documents provided are accurate, complete, and correct to the best of their knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with the Community College of Aurora; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
Complete Applications must include the following documents:
- A complete online application
- A cover letter that describes how your experience aligns with the minimum and preferred qualifications of this position
- A current resume uploaded as an attachment to your online application
- If you are using education to qualify, a copy of your official or unofficial transcript showing that your degree has been conferred and the name of your school. Please submit this as an attachment to your online application
- For any questions or technical issues please contact HR@CCAurora.edu
- Proof of eligibility to work (Download PDF reader) in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
- Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
- Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to the final selection process.
- Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
- CCA is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit the COPERA web page.
- Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
- For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
You matter. You are valued. You belong. CCA is a community that is committed to equity, diversity, and inclusion through Inclusive Excellence. We can only achieve this together. CCA embraces Inclusive Excellence because we want our students, staff, and faculty to learn and contribute within an inclusive environment. This means members of our college community will be active, respectful, and mindful of equity, diversity, and inclusion at all levels of engagement. Inclusive Excellence will provide a foundation for student and institutional success. Recognizing our diversity is only the first step toward Inclusive Excellence. We must also be intentional in valuing cultural differences and experiences while incorporating them into practices, curricula, and policies.
Welcoming, Respectful, Inclusive - Together, we are CCA.
The Federal Clergy Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the CCA website at the Student Right to Know page. A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the College Security Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Community College of Aurora, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campuses.
ADAAA Accommodations: Any person with a disability as defined by the ADA Amendments Act of 2008 (ADAAA) may be provided a reasonable accommodation upon request to enable the person to complete an employment assessment. To request an accommodation, please contact Robert Callaway at 303-360-4733 or Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu at least five business days before the assessment date to allow us to evaluate your request and prepare for the accommodation. You may be asked to provide additional information, including medical documentation, regarding functional limitations and type of accommodation needed. Please ensure that you have this information available well in advance of the assessment date.
Pregnancy Related Accommodations, Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA): The Colorado Anti-Discrimination Act (CADA), allows applicants to request a reasonable accommodation for health conditions related to pregnancy or the physical recovery from childbirth. Candidates wishing to request reasonable accommodations must do so as soon as possible, preferably at least three days prior to the exam or interview. If you are an individual who wishes to request reasonable accommodations, please contact us at 303-360-4733 or Robert.Callaway@CCAurora.edu.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The Community College of Aurora prohibits all forms of discrimination and harassment including those that violate federal and state law, or the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education Board Policies 3-120 and 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion, genetic information, gender identity, or sexual orientation in its employment practices or educational programs and activities. The Community College of Aurora will take appropriate steps to ensure that the lack of English language skills will not be a barrier to admission and participation in vocational education programs. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Cindy Hesse, Director of Human Resources at 16000 E. CentreTech Parkway, Suite A207, Aurora, Colorado 80011 or by phone at 303-360-4752, or e-mail at Cindy.Hesse@CCAurora.edu.
To apply, please visit https://www.schooljobs.com/careers/auroraccco/jobs/3411234/cca-early-childhood-education-ece-program-tutor
Copyright 2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency