Instructor Collegiate School - ESE Specialist
SCF Collegiate School (SCFCS), a tuition-free charter school on the SCF Bradenton campus, seeks an instructor looking to be a part of a culture of service excellence for the position of an ESE Specialist, grades 6-10. This is a responsible, professional educator position accountable for enabling all students to succeed in school and graduate with the skills, knowledge and attitudes to be successful workers, responsible citizens and college-ready. The position is also that of an academic coach, who is a mentor to students. The position is full time starting October 26th or sooner in the 2020-21 school year.
Please see more information about the Collegiate School on the website, scfcs.scf.edu
1. Adheres to the rules and regulations as prescribed by the State Board of Education Florida Statutes, State College of Florida, the school board, and administrative procedures.
2. Adheres to College Rules and Procedures, which reflect updated Federal, state, and local legislation/regulations and College policy that govern the educational process.
3. Prepares, maintains, and submits accurate and complete records and reports as required by the State Board of Education Florida Statutes, the school board, and administrative procedures.
4. Assists in upholding and enforcing school rules, administrative procedures and Board policies.
5. Maintains a classroom and school environment which is safe, orderly, and conducive to effective learning, and appropriate to the maturity and interest of all students.
6. Demonstrates a professional attitude, philosophy, compassion, and commitment that promotes student growth and learning.
7. Supports the student learning plan through presentations, mentoring, coaching, and tutoring individual students.
8. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at the times designated.
9. Is available to support students during time that is not scheduled or assigned.
10. Acts as a mentor to motivate and encourage students to learn across all subject areas.
11. Holds students accountable for weekly schedules and learning goals.
12. Maintains open communication with parents, administrators, and other instructors about student progress.
13. Evaluates student progress and makes recommendations for student improvement on a continual basis.
14. Prepares and maintains lesson plans for classes assigned, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of supervisor.
15. Works collaboratively with other teachers and administrators to develop teaching materials.
16. Pursues innovative approaches to instructional delivery, including creative and effective uses of technology and online instruction, differentiated instruction and project-based assessments, and incorporation of current original events.
17. Understands and integrates available technology, materials and tools related to the job on a regular basis, including mobile technology, active board, and online resources
18. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of all individuals or student groups involved.
19. Actively participates in the College's sustainability practices and initiatives.
20. Embraces a multicultural environment, demonstrates an understanding of first-generation college families, and supports the College's diversity initiatives.
21. Exhibits the willingness and ability to adapt to an environment of continuous growth and fast-paced change.
22. Maintains a professional appearance at all times.
23. Maintains attendance and punctuality.
24. Promotes positive public relations for the school and the institution.
25. Maintains records for Special Education students, working with Manatee County Schools ESE department. Leads the development and renewal of student Individual Education Plans. Acts as lead instructor informing teachers of accommodations and assisting with resources.
26. Liaison for students with campus Disability Resource Center.
27. Creates and renews student 504s with school leadership and parents. Acts as lead instructor informing teachers of accommodations and assisting with resources.
28. Responsible for annual English as a Second Language testing requirements. Acts as lead instructor informing teachers of accommodations and assisting with resources.
29. Responsible for coordinating accommodations for ACT and SAT.
30. Performs related duties as required.
Bachelors or Masters degree from a regionally accredited institution of higher education in the specific teaching discipline as outlined below.
Requires a valid Florida Teaching certification in Exceptional Student Education (6-12) or pending transfer to Florida professional certification in Exceptional Student Education (6-12).
Maintains a valid Florida Teaching Certificate or appropriate certification.
Middle or high school teaching preferred.
Special Instructions to Applicants
All college searches are subject to compliance with Floridas Public Records Law and all documents submitted become the property of the college.
This position is not eligible for veteran preference. Please contact Human Resources at (941) 752-5375 if you have any questions.
Requires successful completion of criminal background screenings and employment reference checks.
Department Name: SCF Collegiate School
Work Schedule: 10 Month
Work Hours From:
Work Hours To: 3:30 PM
Total Hours Per Week: 40
Requested Start Date: ASAP
Job Type: Collegiate School
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Hiring Range: $40,086.00 - $46,099.00
Job Open Date: 10/12/2020
Job Close Date:
Open Until Filled: No
To apply, visit https://employment.scf.edu/postings/3646
State College of Florida, Manatee-Sarasota does not discriminate on the basis of sex, pregnancy, race, religion, age, national origin/ethnicity, color, marital status, disability, genetic information or sexual orientation in any of its educational programs, services and activities, including admission and employment. Direct inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies to: Equity Officer, 941-752-5323, 5840 26th St. W., Bradenton, FL 34207.
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency