Inglewood Unified School District
- GENERAL STATEMENT OF DUTIES
- IUSD MISSION:
Our mission is to nurture, educate, and graduate students who are self-responsible and self-disciplined; who are critical and creative thinkers; who master the core academic disciplines; and who are advocates for equity and social justice for self and their community.
IUSD EQUITY PRINCIPLE:
At every point along their educational journey, each student will be provided personalized opportunities and equitable resources for consistent academic and social-emotional growth, steady progress toward high school completion, and readiness for post-secondary experiences of their choosing.
LEARN MORE ABOUT IUSD:
Under the direction of a site principal, principal's designee or other appropriate administrator, plan, implement, monitor, and assess a classroom instructional program.
Our salary rate for substitute teachers is $145 per day. After twenty days in the same assignment for consecutive days, the pay increases to $165 per day and is retroactively paid to the first day of the assignment. After 90 days in the same assignment for consecutive days, the pay increases to $227.71 per day.
***Effective April 19th, the pay rate for all subs will increase to $165/day.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
The outcome of the Substitute Teacher's job performance will be as follows:
1. Based on provided lesson plans.
2. Plan, implement, monitor, and assess a classroom instructional program which is consistent with State Trustee and Board goals and philosophies, local site goals and specific objectives based on assessment of student needs.
3. Teach reading, language arts, social studies, mathematics, science, art, health, physical education, and music to pupils utilizing course of study adopted by the State Trustee, and other appropriate learning activities.
4. Instruct pupils in citizenship and basic subject matter specified in state law and administrative regulations and procedures of the school district.
5. Establish and maintain standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom; support and assist in maintaining district discipline policy and the site discipline plan.
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Classroom procedures which promote appropriate student conduct and motivation for student learning; Child guidance principles and practices; Principles of training and providing work direction; Interpersonal skills using tact, patience and courtest; Research methods and report writing techniques.
Establish effective rapport with pupils; Monitor children in classrooms; Display the use of good judgment in making decisions; Maintain professional relationships with pupils, parents, colleagues and supervising staff members; Communicate effectively both orally and in writing;Maintain acceptable standards of physical health, energy and emotional adjustment to the job environment; Maintain consistent, punctual and regular attendance when assigned a long term assignment.
-Valid California Credential or 30 Day Substitute Permit authorizing substitute teaching in grades 12 and below. A Multiple Subject, Single Subject or Education Specialist Credential is preferred.
-Test Results/Materials (CBEST test scores)
-Brief Resume outlining experience
- Letter of Introduction
-Two (2) current letters of reference, letters should be dated within two (2) years
-Transcripts showing BA (official, seal-intact transcripts will be required upon hiring)
Possess a Baccalaureate or higher degree.
Qualification for employment includes completion of online training in the following areas:
- New Employee Training
-Preventing Workplace Violence
-Child Abuse/Mandated Reporter
Upon offer of employment, candidates will receive information and directions regarding this training.
- APPLICATION & EXAMINATION PROCEDURES
The examination process for this recruitment may be comprised of one or any combination of the following:
- A "paper screening" of the applicant's training, background, and experience; evaluation of responses on a supplemental application; written examination(s); qualifications appraisal oral examination; performance examination; or technical oral examination, scored on a job-related basis. Only the most highly qualified candidates will be invited to continue in the examination process. Successful candidates who pass all parts of the examination process will be placed on the eligibility list in order of their relative merit as determined by these competitive examinations.
- It is the responsibility of the candidate to submit appropriate documentation at the time of application but in no event no later than the application deadline.
- Job Related Training Incentive documentation for promotional applicants: Transcripts, final grade reports, certificates of completion, and other such documentation will be accepted. Classes, training or seminars must have been taken and successfully completed within the last two years from the closing date of the recruitment.
- Employees of the School District who have permanent status, whose most recent overall service rating is "Satisfactory" AND who meet the education and experience requirements are eligible to compete.
- Promotional applicants may earn up to five (5) additional promotional points added to their final passing scores. The promotional applicant will be eligible to earn up to one (1) point for each job related training and/or other job related continuing forms of education within the last two (2) years for a maximum of three (3) points. In order to receive these promotional points, promotional applicants must submit verification of enrollment and completion of job related training and/or job related continuing forms of education when submitting their application. Human Resources will determine job-relatedness of training or other continuing forms of education.
- Promotional applicants will also be eligible to earn up to two (2) points for excellent attendance. A promotional applicant will earn two (2) points for having two (2) absences or less during the immediate preceding school year. Promotional applicants with three (3) absences during the immediate preceding school year are eligible to earn one (1) point. In the event a promotional applicant has more than three (3) absences, no additional promotional pontes will be provided.
WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO REOPEN, READVERTISE, DELAY OR CANCEL FILLING THIS POSITION.
For full application instructions and position description, visit: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/inglewoodusd/jobs/2869270/pool-substitute-teacher?keywords=substitute%20teacher
Copyright 2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency